Saturday, January 3, 2009

Icicles

I made my sister this icy bracelet for her Birthday this year. It is a blue version of my Pink Caterpillar bracelet I made a few years ago. It's a very thick piece with a ton of Swarovski crystals woven in - very weighty. I don't find much occasion to wear my own pink one, but my sister is much more stylish than me and knows how to make it look good. Since she mentioned that she liked it (well, ok, she outright said "You could make me one of these in green or blue" as she help up the original) I decided to make her the Icicles. I had a helluva time picking out the right color combo as I did all my shopping online, but I think it turned out to be a pretty good blend in the end! I was going for the icy look and I think I achieved it. And most importantly, she seemed to like it!

Oh, and to be fair I have to mention that I found the pattern/instructions for this piece in the April 2006, Issue 72 Bead & Button magazine. Unfortunately I'm not so talented as to be able to spontaneously come up with amazing bead-weaving patterns.




No comments:

Post a Comment