Monday, November 10, 2008

Pumpkin Treats


I have a confession to make - I have a thing for pumpkin. When October rolls around I get a hankering to make all sort so of pumpkin-y treats for myself. Things such as pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bourbon cheesecake, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin cookies, etc. So this year I decided to spread the pumpkin love and make some of these goodies for family and friends! I went with my favorite pumpkin cream cheese muffins with a side of pumpkin cupcakes and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Not only did I bake the goods, but I also made the boxes! I can be so clever when I put mind to it! Eh, ok, so it's not *that* clever, but I was proud. I even cut up bits of fall-colored tissue paper as a fun colorful filler for inside the boxes. And unfortunately my boxes were just a tad too short for the cupcakes (even after I had cut their tippy-tops off) and by the time I gave them away the oils in the icing had made a little damp spot on the top of the box. Even the tissue paper band and ribbon didn't quite cover it up. Ooops!

Let me tell you, I spent all day making these things. Morning to evening! My feet were killing me by the end of the day. I ended up with quite a bit more than I was gift-boxing so Mr. C took the numerous leftovers (after I'd had a day to devour a few) to work where it seems they were a big hit. Always nice to know you're appreciated!

I will be posting these recipes in the future as well. Let me tell you though, my secret favorite was the pumpkin muffin... They're so delicious! The cupcakes were my second favorite with the cookie taking third place. Pumpkin cookies are a little bit hard to pull off I found. You can't really get a traditional chocolate chip cookie consistency - they tend to come out sort of muffin-y instead. They were still good though. Hope everyone enjoyed their pumpkin treats!







No comments:

Post a Comment