Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lychees and Longons

So today I headed uptown to hang out with my Mom for the day. Along with planting my Sunflower seeds for The Great Sunflower Project and borrowing my Mom's bike to try and cut back on gas consumption, we went to a couple Asian Food Markets in the area.

I was happy to find some good Nori, sushi rice, and most importantly a specific brand of vermicelli instant noodle that I haven't been able to find for years! I hope it's just how I remember it! They also had Longans so we decided to get a pound.

However, that particular store didn't have the brand of Fish Sauce that I like so we stopped off at one more place. They had my Fish Sauce (thank goodness) and also had Lychees! So we decided to get some Lychees as well!

Once we got home and popped out the Lychees and Longons they just looked so nice still attached to their branches that I had to take pictures. They both tasted fantastic! The Longons had an earthy almost nutty flavor and weren't as sweet as the Lychees. The Lychees were very sweet and juicy with a more fruity flavor. They both have such wonderful overtones to their flavor. And they're fun to peel! So it was a nice afternoon treat. Just thought I'd share the pictures!

Lychees & Longons



Lychees & Longons



Lychees & Longons



Lychees & Longons



Lychees & Longons



No comments:

Post a Comment